1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever played it via phone

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy VI (FFVI | FF6)' started by Athanas, Dec 1, 2017.

1. to7update

to7update Member

Yeah, sorry to hear about your phone @serbog! Yeah, the controls on the phone are far from being optimal, but it's like you say, it's what we have, and to be honest, it's not that bad either.

2. serbog

serbog Member

Can't you play with an emulator on the phone? That's the way I played Tomb Raider and in my opinion it was a lot better than downloading the game from the play store. Emulators seem to have more freedom with the controls as you can make the controls as you want.

• Like Like x 1
  3. to7update

to7update Member

That is actually a good suggestion, but I have never tried an emulator on the phone. Is it something complicated to setup, or is it as simple as downloading an app?

4. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

What are you trying to emulate on the phone ? PSX games ?
    Keep in mind that emulation is often buggy and far more demanding than playing an actual port.

5. to7update

to7update Member

That's something similar to what I experienced on the computer. I was in a retro mood, got an emulator to play old games, and it was pretty much disappointing, the quality was bad.

6. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

What do you mean by quality was bad ? most emulators allow you to increase the rendering resolution. If you're trying to play an emulated game on native resolution yeah it's going to look very bad.
    I only use emulators to play games that I couldn't play otherwise. Mostly Nintendo games, since I don't own a single Nintendo console anymore.

7. holmes22

holmes22 Member

Are there any brands or models that are significantly better than others or are they all somewhat similar? I am just assuming they are pretty even but I guess I could be missing something out there.

8. Seifer_Leonhart

I still prefer the console and pc versions of this game. The controls are much more better with a controller instead of touch screen. I wish this game will have a 3d remake someday.

9. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

It depends entirely on the particular model and not brand. You shouldn't ever really look at brands when buying smartphones, since you can often get a better phone for cheaper with lesser known brands.