1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We'd like to wish a warm welcome to Bartz_FFV, who will be helping us out with moderating Final Fantasy Forums! Thanks, Bartz_FFV! You're a real Final Fantasy fan and we can't wait to see this forum grow with your help.
    Dismiss Notice

Is FF III too easy?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy III (FFIII | FF3)' started by IceAndFire, Oct 29, 2017.

1. to7update

to7update Member

That's true, it all depends on how many hours we have dedicated to a game. I mean, some games I master because I've really invested in them, while in others I am a perfect newbie.

2. Heatman

Heatman Member

The truth is that should a game I'm playing gets too easy, I would finish it immediately and get bored with it. I prefer much difficult games which I might sleep on to think about strategy to succeed in winning a particular stage in the. Having it too easy don't make it interesting for me.

3. to7update

to7update Member

Yeah, exactly, and there goes all the anticipation for playing it, the money we invested, and the long hours we expected to play. So, better a challenging game I can't complete immediately or else I'll be frustrated. :)

4. m_cel

m_cel Member

For some, they might find it easy especially those people who are already exposed to gaming and called themselves experts. I think when a game is new they tend to make it easier to play they just exploring and still innovating the games so they could create another version of it.

5. to7update

to7update Member

I suppose that if someone plays hours and hours on a daily basis, those guys would have an edge on most other players, and certainly could consider FF III pretty easy. It was not my case though.

6. overcast

overcast Member

Less time take means the game seems to be easy for some. But then again that pretty much happens with many on other games too. But that does not mean it's same for all. I think it varies from one person to another. That's what my observation says.

7. to7update

to7update Member

Yeah, that's also true. For some reason the game can be shorter, and as we finish it faster we are lead to believe the game is easier. Nothing like exploring the game fully to solve this question.

8. serbog

serbog Member

You don't have to grind for ages, just find the grind smarter. Walk into dungeons and fight until you have about half mp/potions left and return to a near by town. Make extensive use of wells. Find your most powerful weapons and use the class that suits them best. I recommend thief, red mage, red mage and warrior.

9. to7update

to7update Member

Pretty much. I mean, I like playing a game for some time, but with the notion that I can progress, even if progress is hard. Now, if I have the feeling I'm stuck, that's discouraging.

10. overcast

overcast Member

I think some of the time FF type games can be fun. And some of the time they can be odd to play around. And it can be fun either way. I am not sure how you guys are going to be working on that case.

11. to7update

to7update Member

LOL yeah, surely we cannot play all the games, but it's pretty great to have a wide selection. Also, the more we play, the better we get, so it's gets easier with time. :)

12. Emma kwamboka

Emma kwamboka Member

Famicom is one of my favourites in the series and it is such a great game! The only part I found 'hard' was when pushing the final dungeon/boss if you weren't prepared.

13. Anachiwo

Anachiwo Member

Honestly, if I play a particular game for too long and keep getting knocked down without making any progress over a long period of time, it tends to bore me to my skull but it's also what motivates me to be very competitive.

14. to7update

to7update Member

That's what is more challenging in most games, making them just hard enough for us to keep playing and progress, but not too hard so that is discouraging.