1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Lightning Lesbian or Asexual?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIII (FFXIII | FF13)' started by Seifer_Leonhart, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Seifer_Leonhart

She seemed to be not interested with guys. Some say she is just way too dedicated taking care of her sister and doing her job as a warrior that is why she doesn't have love interests. Most of her affection goes to her Sister Serah.

The First Final Fantasy female Lead is Terra of Final Fantasy 6 and she have hints of flirtation with Guys. The game also implied she have feelings for Locke but he is in love with someone else.

#1 Seifer_Leonhart, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

I would not know anything about Lightning's love interests-but its possible I would suppose, that she could like girls-or Fang could like girls as well, but I think it would be hard to tell when you play these Final Fantasy games?

3. Seifer_Leonhart

She seemed to be warmer to ladies and she is usually rude to guys. The only Guy she is kind of warmed to is Hope and Hope treats her more like a mother or a big sister.

Her Sister Serah is obviously straight, she is like the complete opposite of Lightning.

Vanille and Fang also screams lesbians to me. I think they are a couple.

4. holmes22

holmes22 Member

The frustrations with males is definitely something that you can notice but I did not really read much more into it than anything like that. Kind of interesting to wonder about though.

5. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

I don't remember the game even hinting at the possibility of Lightning being a lesbian, although I may have missed something as I honestly don't pay much attention to that kind of stuff. She seemed asexual to me.

6. Heatman

Heatman Member

I wouldn't categorize her as a lesbian simply because she is warm to her sister. Her sister is her blood and she is bound to have strong affection towards her. On the other hand in saying is not warm to guys, you don't really expect someone of her character to just be throwing herself at any guy that comes her way.

7. Seifer_Leonhart

Final Fantasy is made from Japan and Japanese fiction have more incest than Game of thrones. :D

I think some people think she is Lesbian because of her tomboyish attitude but I don't really think being boyish makes a woman Lesbian. Vanille and Fang screams more Lesbian.

Lightning is more on the Asexual and Aromantic side.
    seemed to be Asexual.

8. Heatman

Heatman Member

The reason why I'm of the opinion that she might not be a lesbian is because from my experience in real life not all women who are tomboyish as you put it are into lesbianism in reality. I've quite a few female friends who have tomboy character and attitude but they aren't lesbians. This is why I try inferring it to her in the game Final Fantasy that she might not be a lesbian even if she has tomboy character.

9. Seifer_Leonhart

Lightning seemed to be one of those ladies who will have hundreds of pet cats while living alone once she reaches her 40's. She doesn't seemed to be interested in women neither. Fang did flirt with her but Fang is obviously with Vanille.

10. holmes22

holmes22 Member

Well we got ourselves a cat lady huh. I have to admit I have never really adopted the real life scenarios like that into the characters, but might have to start as that is pretty interesting.

11. Heatman

Heatman Member

So it's obvious that she wanted to live and be left alone by both male and female human counterpart. Being with her cat pets is more comfortable and convenient for her. There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.