• I am upgrading the forum today. There may be some glitches while I'm doing this. We'll be back at 100% asap.

Is this game even worth coming back to?

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah, the only problem is that if you return to an MMORPG, you'll likely be stuck playing it again for an indefinite amount of time. That's why I dislike MMORPG's, they just require too much damn grinding and waste too much of one's time. Well, that and the fact that the online gamer community is full of...not very nice and mature people.
I agree MMORPG's are a complete grind fest. I like to think of them as a mouse in a lab. The put a mouse on a wheel and dangle a pice of cheese in front of their face and as soon as the mouse is about to give up they give it a pice of cheese to get going again. I am just going to stay away from this game and stick to Minecraft. ;)

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah, playing them usually means long hours at night, so it's usually at the expense of sleep hours lol. It used to be terrible, but since I have kids, I had to reduce the rhythm.
OMG, I forgot all about all the sleepless nights, Back in 1999 when I use to play original Everquest I would stay up 36hrs straight so that I could play and raid. I would stay up all of Friday night and all of Saturday night until Sunday AM and then I would go to sleep. I could never go back to those days, now that I am older it would kill me.

Nov 27, 2017
Well you do have a point there. I agree that you're not really wasting time if you're doing something you enjoy.
Still though, MMORPG's require so much time investment that you're unlikely to have enough time to do anything else really, especially if you have a job.
Even if you don't have a job an MMORPG will consume all of your time. Even if you logged in for 4hrs a night, you would absolutely get anything done and if you logged in for 14hrs you still would be wanting to do more before bed. I am so glad that you guys brought all of this up, I am never going to go back to another MMORPG.

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, playing them usually means long hours at night, so it's usually at the expense of sleep hours lol. It used to be terrible, but since I have kids, I had to reduce the rhythm.
I can imagine it does. I've heard of "professional" WOW players spending up to 24 hours playing the game without a break. I'd never substitute my sleep for anything, just one night without it and I feel like a zombie.

Nov 3, 2017
OMG, I forgot all about all the sleepless nights, Back in 1999 when I use to play original Everquest I would stay up 36hrs straight so that I could play and raid. I would stay up all of Friday night and all of Saturday night until Sunday AM and then I would go to sleep. I could never go back to those days, now that I am older it would kill me.
Wow man, that is really a lot. You're lucky that you didn't have any health problems. People did actually die doing that kind of stuff. When I was younger, I sometimes spent up to 10 hours a day playing games and that was already way too much.

Oct 24, 2017
I would go as far as saying that FFXIV is a WOW clone with a Final Fanasty skin. Its such a shallow game and so far from its older cousin FFXI that it's not even funny. There was so much to do in FFXI that you could do something different every day for a month straight and not do the same thing twice. Whereas to FFXIV the only thing that you can do is gather or craft or grind the same dungeons over and over until you go insane. I really miss good old FFXI.
I happen to share your view of FFXIV. The developers worked so hard to improve the graphics and mechanics that they forgot that the plot also mattered. It is not a bad game though. I would definitely go back to it even after newer versions have been released.

Dec 21, 2017
I can imagine it does. I've heard of "professional" WOW players spending up to 24 hours playing the game without a break. I'd never substitute my sleep for anything, just one night without it and I feel like a zombie.
Yeah, lol. Sometimes I could be sleeping just 2-3-4 hours, and I could do that for a couple of days, but not much longer because after that the days were painful!

Jan 6, 2018
So I'm debating myself on buying either FF14 on PC or continue the FF13 series like FF13-2 and Lightning Returns. I'm a MMO fan and a Final Fantasy fan so it's a win for me that they have FF14. I've read good reviews on it but I'm afraid that it might die as soon as I get dedicated to it.

Nov 3, 2017
So I'm debating myself on buying either FF14 on PC or continue the FF13 series like FF13-2 and Lightning Returns. I'm a MMO fan and a Final Fantasy fan so it's a win for me that they have FF14. I've read good reviews on it but I'm afraid that it might die as soon as I get dedicated to it.
Aren't most MMOs subscription based ( or in other words, you can't really buy them ) ?
In any case, I wouldn't worry about the game dying soon. They've updated it recently AFAIK so it's probably fairly popular still.

Setari

Jan 4, 2018
IMO not particularly? It's just a lot of grinding at this point and if you're not current with the game you kind of are out of luck for groups and stuff. It's just a lot of FATE grinding at this point, so it's pretty boring.

Jan 16, 2018
It really depends on the individual and how enjoyable there experience with the game was in the first place. If it's worth it to come back to just depends on the player, to some it might tend to be a repetitive game but not so much for others. If it's something you enjoy people will definitely be returning to the game.

Nov 3, 2017
It really depends on the individual and how enjoyable there experience with the game was in the first place. If it's worth it to come back to just depends on the player, to some it might tend to be a repetitive game but not so much for others. If it's something you enjoy people will definitely be returning to the game.
That's true. Every game I liked I replay from time to time, even some very old games. Unfortunately most MMO's are harder to get back to, since you would most likely have to pay the monthly subscription fee to be able to play the game again.

Nov 27, 2017
That's true. Every game I liked I replay from time to time, even some very old games. Unfortunately most MMO's are harder to get back to, since you would most likely have to pay the monthly subscription fee to be able to play the game again.
The subscription is the easy part of getting back into an MMORPG. The hard part is grinding, because you are going to be way behind the other people playing the game and you have to play catchup just to be able to raid again. Good thing for me is I gave up raiding a long time ago.

Feb 21, 2018
Some things in game have changed but not in a significant way. Most parts have remained the same so I guess if you decide to get back to the game you'll just end up abandoning it again

Feb 22, 2018
For me it depends on the player, If you enjoyed this game , then it is really worth it to come back but if you dont maybe its not worth it,

As for me I enjoy this game so I dont mind if I come back too often.
I agree, for those who enjoyed the game will most definitely come back but for those that didn't I'm not so sure.

Mar 19, 2018
Hi everyone? Off course it's worth coming back to over and over. It has the most engaging story of any current mmo. There are an overwhelming number of thing to do. You get to experience all battle and crafting classes and roles without rolling alts. The crafting system is engaging.

Oct 24, 2017
Lot of people do come back to it. So we can say to some extent it's worth playing that way. I find it harder though to understand how some of the games are evolving in the series. And on that note this is one good title.

Rossy

Apr 3, 2018
It's frustrating that I have never been exposed to playing these video games. You people make it sound so fun. In the place I have been brought up,video games are considered to be a boys thing. Got a lot of learning to do now in my adulthood. how sad is that?

Feb 22, 2018
Yeah, you are right the Final Fantasy franchise is very massive. They keep coming back each time in bulk numbers so they are definitely doing something right.

ryanxpei

Apr 13, 2018
FFXIV pretty much consumed my life for a few years. But once the level cap went past 50 and all the expansions kept coming out. I stopped playing. I haven't played in over a year and not because I don't want to. But because I need to get my life back.

In order to be progressive in this game I had to sit in the game for 12+ hours a day (down from 18+ hours a day in FFXI) and before I stopped playing I mostly sat in our FC house chatting.

I'd love to have unlimited free time to play this game again but I need to get back to the real world.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: