• I am upgrading the forum today. There may be some glitches while I'm doing this. We'll be back at 100% asap.

Is this game even worth coming back to?

Dec 21, 2017
FFXIV pretty much consumed my life for a few years. But once the level cap went past 50 and all the expansions kept coming out. I stopped playing. I haven't played in over a year and not because I don't want to. But because I need to get my life back.

In order to be progressive in this game I had to sit in the game for 12+ hours a day (down from 18+ hours a day in FFXI) and before I stopped playing I mostly sat in our FC house chatting.

I'd love to have unlimited free time to play this game again but I need to get back to the real world.
Being addicted to gaming is something bad, as any kind of addiction. I am sorry you no longer play it, but having our life consumed over a game is certainly not worth it!

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah that is what I was talking about before. MMORPGs require too much time investment. I have heard of some WoW players spending up to 12 hours ( not taking any breaks ) on a raid. I think my eyes would melt.

Dec 21, 2017
LOL, I wouldn't say sacrifice because it's good entertainment for me, but it's certainly hours that many times are taken away from sleep.

Oct 24, 2017
LOL, I wouldn't say sacrifice because it's good entertainment for me, but it's certainly hours that many times are taken away from sleep.
These days many gamers are suffering from the anxiety and the sleep less disorders. So it's possible that this game too has addictive parts. I think it does eat away some time which should be spent elsewhere.

Dec 21, 2017
Yeah that is a big truth @overcast, gaming addiction is something terrible, so we need to enjoy gaming, but being aware at the same time from the addiction dangers. We need to have a life apart from gaming too.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: