• I am upgrading the forum today. There may be some glitches while I'm doing this. We'll be back at 100% asap.

Should Final Fantasy pull a "mass effect"

Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure if they let you add female characters to Final Fantasy 15 these days, by now. They mentioned that you could add female guests to gameplay in Final Fantasy 15, awhile back in the future. So that would be interesting to have the guys cruising down the highway with some girls in that car they drive- but of course that would change the whole way they react to things. They do mention adding the option for female guests to join though, to the Final Fantasy 15 game - in the video below !

Jan 14, 2018
15 might have female characters on subsequels. Something along the lines of 4-2, 10-2 or 13-2. That option is not available on base game for now.

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
Square Enix is capable of doing this because they did it with 11 and 14 but those games are MMORPG with no clear linear plot.

These are the hairstyles you can choose in Final Fantasy 14 if you are male

The Replay Value will be the major factor because you will have 2 different experiences when you Play the character as male or female. The story may also alter, let's say a certain character will be hostile to you if you are male but will be nice to you if your female, vice versa.

Final Fantasy 14 gives you an option beyond gender and skintone too.

You have choices for your character's race or species.

They didnt use the Viera or the Rabbit people though.

I think customizable characters are actually easier for an offline game.

Jan 14, 2018
Since Square Enix is able to pull this off to MMORPG's, I think this should be an option for a future title that is offline. The replay value will be multiple times. Just give the main character a Gender Neutral name so it will be easier for the programmers since they wont have to name the character twice adding more jobs for the voice actor.

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
Square Enix is richer than the creator of Saint's row before THQ closed down. I am pretty sure character customization can be pulled of by Square Enix.

Apr 25, 2018
I won't mind the main character having selectable gender, I just hope they have a good canonical male and female design so I won't be customizing a character. I am too lazy for that. Just give me a good default design so I can skip.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: