Does the voice acting bother you ?

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
The only problem I have is with Noctis and Gladiolus' voice. They kind of sound the same to me.
I didn't notice that with Noctis and Gladiolus voice. They both sounded pretty different to me, although I prefer and love the voice of Noctis more when comparing it with that of Gladiolus.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
Haha, when we complain about every minor thing we don't like about the game instead of appreciating the better part, aren't we too greedy? But hey, you are right, we pay for it and it's within our rights to nag over some part of it we don't fancy.
Haha, we complain for one problem and another version is released for us upgrading that and we rush to buy again and still find another thing to complain about. We are just being played with when it comes to games that are being produced and released for us.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
Greedy ?
We have the right to complain if we don't like something in a game. We're not getting them for free after all.
The constant complaint about one issue in the game has only brought us more expenses in buying a new release to make up for the one we nagged about. So therefore, more complaints equals more expenses.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
I don't know, maybe it's just me.
Yeah, maybe it's just how the voice sounded in your ear. Sometimes how we hear and perceive things, even sounds included differs, so I'm not surprised that you feel this way about the two voice.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
Too much expectations on some games is just the reason why we are always left out dry when we didn't get 100% of what we looked up to getting in a particular game. So calling it not being greedy on our part by the excessive expectations on the game, then I don't know what else to call it. It's true we pay for the game but most times we ask for more than we ever paid for.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
Haha, we complain for one problem and another version is released for us upgrading that and we rush to buy again and still find another thing to complain about. We are just being played with when it comes to games that are being produced and released for us.
I think I totally agree with your point on this here. It's our psychology that is being played with by these game developers. They know already that we have unending drives when it comes to a particular game and they never give us all that in one game, so that we can complain and have it released for us next.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
The constant complaint about one issue in the game has only brought us more expenses in buying a new release to make up for the one we nagged about. So therefore, more complaints equals more expenses.
This is exactly what it is, we complain and have that particular request taken care of and have another feature removed from the new game, which we are still going to complain again. This is how the cycle goes on and we keep spending money on a particular game with new different versions.

Mar 22, 2018
For me, poor voices that do not sound like the character or set a dramatic shift in tone for a game can be more interesting. The weird sounds can give you your own interpretation of the situation as well.

Apr 10, 2018
This is why I never play JRPGs in English audio. The only JRPG that I would have an exception is Kingdom Hearts because of the Disney characters. :)

English dub actors can’t replicate the emotions that a Japanese anime or game character requires. I almost feel like it’s a different game or feeling when I watch video clips from YouTube of its English dub. :(

Mar 19, 2018
I think Prompto's voice fits very well, but it's still very annoying. He sounds hyperactive and childish. Crown city is loud too and lively. I'm I the only one who thinks Nocti and Gladio sound too much alike?

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it does. Actually sometimes it annoys me to the point that it was distracting with my gameplay. Nonetheless, I still understang that it was also exaggerated for the game to be more exciting.
Yeah, final fantasy just like many games has a lot of exaggerations to entain fans more and bring humor. But for me I do not normally get bored by such exaggerations.

Oct 24, 2017
This is why I never play JRPGs in English audio. The only JRPG that I would have an exception is Kingdom Hearts because of the Disney characters. :)

English dub actors can’t replicate the emotions that a Japanese anime or game character requires. I almost feel like it’s a different game or feeling when I watch video clips from YouTube of its English dub. :(
This applies not only to the anime and manga but gaming and even on the TV series too. I think it's better to turn up the subs below instead of having the dubbing. Or just give people the option.

Apr 10, 2018
This applies not only to the anime and manga but gaming and even on the TV series too. I think it's better to turn up the subs below instead of having the dubbing. Or just give people the option.
I agree. It applies to foreign movies or TV shows. Dubbing them to another language would make it feel unnatural. I hope they make switching audio and enabling subs a standard when making video games in the future.

Oct 24, 2017
Now that Japanese anime and other entertainment media is getting more attention. They are choosing the dub properly. But they don't get close to the original. I don't think this would be changing any time soon. And it may require the studios to work with international dub artists in that case for proper dub version.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: