FFXIII For PC

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not that well off financially either. I can afford to buy like one game per month , sometimes two, not at full price of course.
So what did you dislike about the game ? Bad story and character cast are common complaints.
I hated the gameplay combat and the game was boring there were just way too many extra battles because SE was trying to drag out the length of the game to try and make the game seem longer than it actually was. And I still say to this day that FFX was the best FF non MMORPG that was ever made.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
Even though it was difficult i enjoyed it a lot.
Of course yes, the game is very good and enjoyable no doubt. Even with its difficulty, there are experts at playing who find it not that hard to complete their playing task in the game. I personally enjoyed playing the game 100%.

Nov 10, 2017
Dragging it out is not always the worst thing, but when I am on the PC I do tend to notice that a lot more. I am not really sure why that is but it just feels less comforting and I feel out of place.

Nov 3, 2017
I hated the gameplay combat and the game was boring there were just way too many extra battles because SE was trying to drag out the length of the game to try and make the game seem longer than it actually was. And I still say to this day that FFX was the best FF non MMORPG that was ever made.
I agree that there were too many forced combat encounters, but they also dragged out/artificially leghtened previous games in the series with random encounters.
As for FFX, most of the fanbase seems to love it. I thought it was alright.

Jan 6, 2018
I didn't get to play the PC version but reading your comments about it whets my palate. I enjoyed FFXIII despite the reviews that I've read and heard about it. I even got the platinum trophy in the PS3 version. Now for those who got to play it on both versions, is there a significant difference in graphics from the PS3 compared to the PC version? Because if there is like a huge difference I might get it along with FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns since I still haven't played both of those.

Nov 3, 2017
It does have slightly better graphics, but the port is pretty basic. However, if you already own it on the PS3, I would advise against getting the PC version as it seems to have a memory leak or something, which makes the game perform worse the longer you play ( unless it's been patched since, I haven't actually played the game in a long time ).

Dec 21, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I love good graphics (who doesn't??), but the most important for me is the gameplay. I have to enjoy the gameplay or else I can't enjoy the game. This might be a rare case where the pc version might not be as good as on the consoles?

Jan 6, 2018
It does have slightly better graphics, but the port is pretty basic. However, if you already own it on the PS3, I would advise against getting the PC version as it seems to have a memory leak or something, which makes the game perform worse the longer you play ( unless it's been patched since, I haven't actually played the game in a long time ).
I'd take your advice on this. But I might get the FFXIII-2 though and Lightning Returns since I didn't get to play throught them yet. Are they any good?

Nov 3, 2017
I'd take your advice on this. But I might get the FFXIII-2 though and Lightning Returns since I didn't get to play throught them yet. Are they any good?
I haven't actually gotten around to playing FFXIII-2 yet, so I can't really say anything about that game. I believe the game received favorable reviews, however. I liked Lightning Returns though, even more so that the original FF13. You can get it on Steam if you wish, but the port is not great, as is the case with FF13.

Mar 19, 2018
It took me 40 hours or so before the game opened up!. Am I the only one who experienced that? That was far too long to wait for an experience to get good.The thing I liked most was 'auto-battle' feature.

Apr 10, 2018
I didn’t get the chance to play it on its console version. I got the three parts on PC when it was on sale. What I don't like from the game is it treats you like a baby even when you are 24 hours into the story already. It still introduces new mechanics to the game and with lengthy tutorials at that.

Mar 19, 2018
Yes I did manage. It was worth the wait, never wanted the opportunity to pass by. My brother was always encouraging me saying nothing good comes easy and it was worth the wait.

Oct 24, 2017
Of course yes, the game is very good and enjoyable no doubt. Even with its difficulty, there are experts at playing who find it not that hard to complete their playing task in the game. I personally enjoyed playing the game 100%.
FF13 was one of the best games for me. Like FF10, the design is on a more story- based cinematic experience. The game has limited character customization in order to establish characters, mechanics and the plot. The battle system focuses on fast pace active strategy rather than turn-based combat.

May 12, 2018
In my opinion, FFXIII for PC had its own set of problems, mainly composed of an ordinary story and an incredibly long progression for the initial forty hours, but the weak PC optimization places it over the top.

For a game published on PC in 2014, where standards are bigger than ever, FFXIII disappoints in every category. The keyboard and mouse controls are not unusable, however, performance becomes unstable if a gamepad is not connected. There are also no graphical selections and locking the resolution at 720p is a let-down, but how Square Enix thought it was a great approach to map the Esc button to exit out of the game altogether is baffling.

Another thing is that the frame rate has been unlocked to a maximum of 60fps, and the dual audio tracks are well justified. The combat is also a big component as it mixes both thrilling actions with some strategy, given that players don’t just spam the “Auto-Battle” button. Sadly, these positives do not rescue the RPG for all its flaws. FFXIII is a solid game that’s regrettably wrapped up in a tacky PC port.

Just my 2 cents.

billwaf

May 18, 2018
Nairobi
At its onset, the trailers looked amazing, the music they showed sounded fantastic and most of all I loved it because it was my favourite game. With time I realised the limitations.

I wasn't quiet impressed by the lighting and the many hours it took. The plot is also a little bit difficult to comprehend.

All in all I still love the game despite the numerous criticism it got from players on the internet.

I thought FFXIII was the best looking PC version of the FF game for me. Many people may not like it because the storyline was a bit harder and difficult to follow. In terms of the other FF games, it was a bit weaker. For those who have played FFVI and FFX, it may not meet your expectations but I think it's worthwhile to give it a second chance. The graphics are okay and I loved the beginning a lot.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
FF13 was one of the best games for me. Like FF10, the design is on a more story- based cinematic experience. The game has limited character customization in order to establish characters, mechanics and the plot. The battle system focuses on fast pace active strategy rather than turn-based combat.
It's absolutely true what you mentioned above what Final Fantasy 13 brought to the fold for FF gaming fans to enjoy. It's battle system is the main reason why I really loved the game and I'm definitely not dropping it anytime soon.

Apr 22, 2018
While games such as Final Fantasy X have had straightforward paths in the past, XIII goes to a whole new extreme. For most of the game, the player can barely go outside of the dotted lines with a world filled only with hallways, corridors and restricted outdoor areas. It takes roughly forty hours before the game opens up and offers actual side quests and activities to partake in.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: