Have you ever played it via phone

Dec 21, 2017
Yeah, sorry to hear about your phone @serbog! Yeah, the controls on the phone are far from being optimal, but it's like you say, it's what we have, and to be honest, it's not that bad either.

Jan 25, 2018
Yeah, sorry to hear about your phone @serbog! Yeah, the controls on the phone are far from being optimal, but it's like you say, it's what we have, and to be honest, it's not that bad either.
Can't you play with an emulator on the phone? That's the way I played Tomb Raider and in my opinion it was a lot better than downloading the game from the play store. Emulators seem to have more freedom with the controls as you can make the controls as you want.

Dec 21, 2017
That is actually a good suggestion, but I have never tried an emulator on the phone. Is it something complicated to setup, or is it as simple as downloading an app?

Nov 3, 2017
What are you trying to emulate on the phone ? PSX games ?
Keep in mind that emulation is often buggy and far more demanding than playing an actual port.

Dec 21, 2017
That's something similar to what I experienced on the computer. I was in a retro mood, got an emulator to play old games, and it was pretty much disappointing, the quality was bad.

Nov 3, 2017
What do you mean by quality was bad ? most emulators allow you to increase the rendering resolution. If you're trying to play an emulated game on native resolution yeah it's going to look very bad.
I only use emulators to play games that I couldn't play otherwise. Mostly Nintendo games, since I don't own a single Nintendo console anymore.

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, so it really depends on the model we have. Let's say we have a low end Android Wiko, or a top range Samsung, the experience will be dramatically different. The same happen with iPhone models.
Are there any brands or models that are significantly better than others or are they all somewhat similar? I am just assuming they are pretty even but I guess I could be missing something out there.

Jan 14, 2018
I still prefer the console and pc versions of this game. The controls are much more better with a controller instead of touch screen. I wish this game will have a 3d remake someday.

Nov 3, 2017
Are there any brands or models that are significantly better than others or are they all somewhat similar? I am just assuming they are pretty even but I guess I could be missing something out there.
It depends entirely on the particular model and not brand. You shouldn't ever really look at brands when buying smartphones, since you can often get a better phone for cheaper with lesser known brands.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
You know that some phones are meant to be used to play games because they are built for gaming purposes. Their tech specifications isn't built to give better gaming experience.

Nov 10, 2017
The small screen size is a big turnoff but it does make me immediately think of people who have those giant phones now that almost are more like tablets. I do not think I would like one but they would be a lot better for gaming.

Feb 22, 2018
I've never played Final Fantasy VI on mobile phone but that is because I'm not into games for mobile. I don't even know if there is a FFVI for phones.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: