How is Final Fantasy XIV's player population?

Apr 10, 2018

Hello, Final Fantasy fans!

How is Final Fantasy XIV's player population? We know that MMORPGs are not that popular anymore because of the rise of new genres in games like the MOBA genre for example. There are also too many MMORPGs to choose from and some people see every MMORPG games that they see as almost the same games because they have the same mechanics.

How is Final Fantasy XIV's player base holding up? Is it constantly declining? Is it just starting to rise?

I would like to know your thoughts.

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
There are 12,282,278 players around the world but up to this moment there are 573,715 active players. The most played characters are Male Hyurs. It is still an active community with active players but it is not as populous as it use to be. The game is still getting DLC's where you can fight bosses from older Final Fantasy games.

Apr 10, 2018
There are 12,282,278 players around the world but up to this moment there are 573,715 active players. The most played characters are Male Hyurs. It is still an active community with active players but it is not as populous as it use to be. The game is still getting DLC's where you can fight bosses from older Final Fantasy games.
Wow, that is a healthy level of active players for an MMORPG game today! I guess it even beats World of Warcraft when it comes to the count of active players. I hope the game stays strong and their devs continue bringing out DLCs and other content updates. :)

gultubilla

Jan 12, 2018
If you don't want to play alone , Try joining the facebook groups of FF14 so you can make online friends to play with and you won't end up on an empty server. This is a dying game so you need to find friends.

Mar 19, 2018
If you don't want to play alone , Try joining the facebook groups of FF14 so you can make online friends to play with and you won't end up on an empty server. This is a dying game so you need to find friends.
Wow. I never knew it's possible to play online furthermore with your friends!. Totally amazing.

Apr 10, 2018
This usually happens when the game matures or is slowly aging. We reach out to the community if we want to have party members if the game is starting to lose most of its players.

I also do this on other MMORPGs that have aged.

Nov 10, 2017
I agree there are just other ways that you have to go about meeting other players and communicating. Things change as the game changes and you just have to try to be a step ahead and find others who are like minded.

Feb 22, 2018
Omega and Cerberus have been reported to have the most number of players compared to the other servers.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: