The Relation of Japanese Culture to Final Fantasy

Feb 22, 2018
Alright, if that's the case then I will say it's a good business strategy to get more coverage with the game letting it spill across the continent and reaching millions of people from different races all around the world.
You know how it is with SE, they are all about the money and to get that money they had to involve people from all over the world.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
You know how it is with SE, they are all about the money and to get that money they had to involve people from all over the world.
I believe every company, all business establishment in the whole world is directly after profit making, so Square Enix shouldn't be expected to look for nothing more than profit as well. Even though they are working towards satisfying their customers, they are doing so with the aim of motivating them to invest more in the game.

May 7, 2018
Final Fantasy characters, almost all of them, make me feel that I am in the olden days of Japanese culture. The main thing is that I like it that way and would have not found it interesting if it was not like that.

Japanese culture and characters in the game make a feel of bravery and it provokes me to keep playing the games with a feel of being a warrior. The games are characterised in such a way that every girl or woman in the games is a warrior and that gives me a realistic feeling.

The actions of all the characters make me feel that I am in Japan in real sense. It is enjoyable indeed.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
Final Fantasy characters, almost all of them, make me feel that I am in the olden days of Japanese culture. The main thing is that I like it that way and would have not found it interesting if it was not like that.

Japanese culture and characters in the game make a feel of bravery and it provokes me to keep playing the games with a feel of being a warrior. The games are characterised in such a way that every girl or woman in the games is a warrior and that gives me a realistic feeling.

The actions of all the characters make me feel that I am in Japan in real sense. It is enjoyable indeed.
From my observation, people are somehow attracted to violence and fighting, it's actually why I believe all the Final Fantasy games are designed in such a way to sell violence in form of fighting and trying to do good by combating evil.

This is exactly what I believe Square Enix has been selling to us and it's actually gaining lots of ground in our perception, thereby making us to crave for more over and over again.

Who wouldn't want to seen as a warrior or a hero? Some even prefer to be seen as a villain, that's people like myself :D, it's actually why Vanye happens to be one of my favorite characters in the FF game.

Oct 24, 2017
From my observation, people are somehow attracted to violence and fighting, it's actually why I believe all the Final Fantasy games are designed in such a way to sell violence in form of fighting and trying to do good by combating evil
I think it is kind of response to the survival mindset. That's one thing that you can like about the action and the violence. As you can see that japanese culture has a lot of input on the fantasy sides like summons and powerups from the games. And same is in the manga too. I guess you are right that violence sells.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
I think it is kind of response to the survival mindset. That's one thing that you can like about the action and the violence. As you can see that japanese culture has a lot of input on the fantasy sides like summons and powerups from the games. And same is in the manga too. I guess you are right that violence sells.
I agree to this as well. In fact, it's not just only in games - Final Fantasy that violence sells but also in our real world and society. Take a look around at how media companies makes millions of money from one breaking of bad news. Within the blink of an eye, the news would be spread around all corners of the world.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
From my observation, people are somehow attracted to violence and fighting, it's actually why I believe all the Final Fantasy games are designed in such a way to sell violence in form of fighting and trying to do good by combating evil.

This is exactly what I believe Square Enix has been selling to us and it's actually gaining lots of ground in our perception, thereby making us to crave for more over and over again.

Who wouldn't want to seen as a warrior or a hero? Some even prefer to be seen as a villain, that's people like myself :D, it's actually why Vanye happens to be one of my favorite characters in the FF game.
Don't worry, you want to be a villain like Vanye, just like Cloud Strife defeated Sephiroth, I would become your own greatest rivalry and beat you. You know good most likely triumphs over evil :D.

Apr 10, 2018
I'm in it for the action! I guess you can consider it violence but what sells these media to me is how awesome the main characters fight during battle scenes. They look badass during these scenes and when I was a kid, I want to be like those guys. :D

Oct 24, 2017
Yep I am not saying I am against violence. It sells and rightfully so. That's what humans should think about. Because real life has lot of challenges. And things should be always changing in gaming too. I love it that it has Japanese culture and other changes.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
Don't worry, you want to be a villain like Vanye, just like Cloud Strife defeated Sephiroth, I would become your own greatest rivalry and beat you. You know good most likely triumphs over evil :D.
Haha, I will definitely be looking forward to having that duel with you. Maybe Square Enix should come get our battles and fighting strategy for new development for the game.

Mar 9, 2018
The appearance alone of the characters used in Final Fantasy games would tell you that it's really related to Japanese and its culture. Also the company Square Enix being of Japanese origin says it all.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
Haha, I will definitely be looking forward to having that duel with you. Maybe Square Enix should come get our battles and fighting strategy for new development for the game.
That's going to be nice. I would be looking forward to that. I think some of us gamers have a lot to offer in game build up.

Apr 10, 2018
The appearance alone of the characters used in Final Fantasy games would tell you that it's really related to Japanese and its culture. Also the company Square Enix being of Japanese origin says it all.
Yup. Most of their characters have Asian looks. Although some of them have blonde hairs or other weird colors. Most of their characters also have common anime character traits.

Mar 4, 2018
I think square enix is japanese based company. And most of their writers and the animators are from there. So obviously the culture has some influence over the content. And we can surely see how that works out. I guess on that note FF is designed that way.
I was in love with this until made your research some few days ago to discover that square enix company is a Japanese based company. This must have been the reason for the way some of the characters of final fantasy such as Squall, Cloud and the rest were built.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: