What would you change in FFXIII

Nov 10, 2017
I never thought about going in and changing personalities but I agree that would be something interesting to see changed. It would really reverberate throughout the game as you go, in numerous way too.

Rossy

Apr 3, 2018
It is relieving to hear someone else experienced the same thing. I have played final fantasy games few times. Surprisingly, there is no one single time I got the psyche to play all the way to the end.

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
XIII is a very linear game. It didn't have much exploration because it is way too straight forward.

XV have a better exploration experience because it is a Sandbox game with side quests exploration-wise.

XIII-2 is an improvement since Serah's adventure is less linear than her sister's.

Lightning have tendencies to be a Jerk sometimes. Look at how well received Terra is compared to Lightning. Lightning is a female character but she felt like a man with boobs. She is a woman but she is written like a man.

Terra is a better example of a well written female protagonist.

Mar 19, 2018
I would love more playable characters. Lighting is the only playable character and majority of the fighting is done by her. She is such a loner. Sigh

Oct 25, 2017
It is relieving to hear someone else experienced the same thing. I have played final fantasy games few times. Surprisingly, there is no one single time I got the psyche to play all the way to the end.
Hopefully things are going to be okay. But if you have to play some of these games you have to ignore some aspects- if you base so much on the negatives you may end up not playing it.

May 12, 2018
The game play is somewhat repetitive and the path seems linear but the story and the good cut scenes make up for everything. The AI helping you out also is nice in my opinion.
I agree. I played the game again several days ago just to see if I thought the same. I had noticed a screenshot of that gorgeous art once it opens up in another section and it got me in the mood to revisit. However, yeah, the first initial hours of gameplay is somehow a chore.

Apr 22, 2018
I would cut down the time it takes before the game opens up and offers actual side quests and activities to partake in.

xmerian

May 21, 2018
USA
I loved the FF13 storyline, right up until Dajh and Serah crystallized. I felt my heart drop to my stomach with unexplainable pain. I understand that it was just part of their creativity, but Sazh didn't have to go through all that. I also hated Lightning's boldness when she smacks the hell out of Snow. Him being my best character and all, I felt so insulted when she assaulted him in one of her tantrums.

Mar 1, 2018
I know they wanted a badass female chick with Lightning but they should have made her a funny badass chick instead of the serious biatch she is turned into.

Oct 24, 2017
I think like most of the FF games this does appear bland in terms of flow of the story. Because often the gamer is spoon fed. And same happens with the FF13. And that seems to be an issue with the FF games from my opinion.

Jan 14, 2018
If FF13 is an open world, I think it would have been more popular. Most players these days prefers an open world instead of a limited map. Open worlds are more ideal for grinding.

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
If 13 is an open world, Yes it would have been more well received. It is still a fun game at the end of the day. It managed to have 2 sequels despite of some negative reviews. It is just polarizing. Well 15 is polarizing too if you think about it.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: